Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current police certificate of character, and CV to the Human Resource Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MIDDLE &HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER
The International School of Port of Spain (ISPS) is a mission-driven school. Our dedicated faculty and staff aim to develop independent learners who strive for academic excellence, pursue their unique potential, and meet challenges with confidence and integrity as they prepare for global citizenship. As an accredited, private, independent school ISPS is a community that is passionate about learning and the pursuit of personal excellence.
- Plan and prepare lesson plans that meet core objectives and principles and are in line with the curriculum goals;
- Select and requisition appropriate books, instructional aids, and school supplies as needed;
- Deliver lessons using a variety of differentiated instructional techniques that are appropriate to the academic level and meet the diverse needs of students;
- Maximize the appropriate use of technology in the classroom as an instructional tool;
- Create a safe and flexible classroom environment conducive to optimal student learning;
- Help students to work independently and collaboratively in groups;
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior that conform to the School’s policies and promote learning in the classroom;
- Track and monitor student learning using a variety of techniques;
- Prepare and administer assessments that are curriculum-aligned;
- Monitor performance and progress and modify instructional methods to meet individual needs where necessary;
- Foster good working relationships with students, teachers, counselors, administrators, and other stakeholders to support the development and well being of the students;
- Keep parents or guardians informed of students' academic progress and social and behavioral issues;
- Coordinate parent/teacher conferences to review students' progress;
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions;
- Undertake professional development activities to ensure continued professional growth and development of teaching skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area from an accredited university
- Current/valid registration with the Ministry of Education or possess a valid teaching certificate from abroad
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent will be considered an asset
- Computer literate
- Minimum 3 years’ recent experience teaching at school level of vacancy
- At least 2 years’ recent, full-time classroom teaching experience in the area of the vacancy
- MYP experience preferred
The deadline for application submission is 17 March 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.