ISPS Strategic Plan 2016-2020
Institutional Effectiveness: Build a 21st Century Workplace
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment.
- Develop leadership capacity to maximize effectiveness of the governance, PTO, faculty, staff, and Board through assessments.
- Develop a strategic approach to the recruitment, evaluation, development and retention of faculty and staff.
- Ensure the long-term financial health of the school, operating at an appropriate size.
- Harness technology to increase administrative efficiency.
- Promote a positive school climate.
- Strengthen relationship with Trinidadian government and local authorities.
Educational Excellence: Provide a balanced learning experience that nurtures the unique potential of each student.
- Provide all students with challenging and equitable opportunities to develop learning, thinking, and life skills that align with the school’s Mission and Vision.
- Develop talented educators by providing professional development resources opportunities to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
- Support students, teachers and parents to confidently and effectively utilize information technology to build 21st Century attitudes and skills.
- Offer rigorous and challenging opportunities for students to succeed in establishing a career path or in their pursuit of higher education.
Global Citizenship: Prepare students for success as contributing members of a global society.
- Provide an international learning experience.
- Develop a school-wide culture of service and environmental stewardship.
- Provide a wide range of opportunities for inquiry-based, project-based, experiential and real-world learning.
- Increase the proportion of internationally trained and experienced teachers.