This guide contains the following important information. Please read the complete guide.
- Recommended Laptop Specifications
- Free Software for the laptop
The following chart should help you in selecting and purchasing a laptop for your child to use while they are at ISPS. While there are many options, there are minimum specifications that we require to support your child’s learning at ISPS.
|Screen Size||11 inches or more|
|Processor||Intel i3 or Higher|
AMD Athlon II or Higher
|4 GB or Higher|
|Hard Drive||120 GB or Higher|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional or Higher, Mac OSX or Higher|
|Wireless||802.11n or Higher|
|Ports||2 USB ports, Audio in/out, In-built microphone, VGA or HDMI|
|Battery Life||4+ hours (4+ cell or higher)|
|3 Year warranty with Damage protection|
ISPS Laptop Purchase Guide - This document lists laptop options that you can consider. These options meet the approved specifications for the BYOD program. It describes in detail the different models from each manufacturer. The document will be updated regularly as new models are released.
The following free software needs to be downloaded and installed on your laptop for use in school.
Internet Browsers (Minimum of TWO different browsers should be installed)
- Google Chrome (For Windows and Mac)
- Firefox 23 or higher (For Windows and Mac)
- Safari 5 (For Windows and Mac)
Laptop/Mobile location tracking (recommended):
Anti-virus STRONGLY suggested
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Protection (Windows, Mac/iOS)
- Windows Live Security (Anti-Virus for Windows)
- Windows Live Essentials (Windows only)
- Free Video Converter (For Windows only)