TECHNOLOGY ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This policy defines what constitutes acceptable use of Information and Communications (ICT) resources of the International School of Port of Spain (ISPS). The guidelines below apply to any and all digital devices students may be using in school, including but not limited to laptops, smartphones, tablets, mp3 players, etc. and extend to the school’s classroom computers.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Use Guidelines
The International School of Port of Spain (ISPS) uses information technology as one way of enhancing its mission to teach the skills, knowledge and behaviors students will need as responsible citizens in the global community. The school's technology infrastructure and network provides extraordinary opportunities to enhance student learning with a variety of technology tools and services. To ensure these resources are always available, it is imperative that all members of the learning community use technology in a manner consistent with our educational mission.
Access to the school network and the internet is a privilege that is tied to responsibilities. The following guidelines are intended to help individual technology users understand responsible use. The school may restrict, suspend, or terminate any user's access to the school's technology systems and network for not respecting these guidelines.
The school's information technology resources, including email and Internet access, are provided for educational purposes. ISPS reserves the right to monitor the use of all technology on campus, including but not limited to computers, mobile devices, networking equipment, and school Wi-Fi connections. All users should be mindful that internet usage on the school’s premises may be monitored. No expectation of privacy is implied. Adherence to the following policy is necessary for continued access to these resources.
- I. Respect and protect the privacy of others.
- II. Respect and protect the integrity, availability, and security of all electronic resources
- III. Respect and protect the intellectual property of others.
- IV. Respect and practice the principles of community.
- V. Use social media and technology responsibly.
STUDENTS MAY, if in accord with the policy above:
- Design and post web pages and other material from school resources.
- Use direct communications such as social networks or text messaging with a teacher's permission in that specific class.
- Install or download software to personal devices only, if also in conformity with laws and licenses, with the permission of the Systems Administrator or designate and under the supervision of a teacher.
- Use the resources for any educational purpose.