ISPS has an excellent cafeteria run by Allied Caterers that provides hot meals, snacks and drinks for all pre-kindergarten to grade 12 students, ISPS staff, parents, visitors and guests who may be on campus.
Fresh & Healthy Ingredients
- Most items are made on the school site by the fully qualified chefs and bakers, including almost all of the bread.
- Only natural products, free from artificial flavouring or other additives and of the highest quality are used.
- Allied Caterers does not prepare any type of deep-fried food. All such dishes are oven baked without adding vast amounts of oil.
- Freshly squeezed natural juices are from a certified supplier or are prepared on site, without adding sugar or any other additives to the preparations.
Variety of Choices
- Where the offer includes a chicken or a fish dish
- Vegetarian or vegan options are offered every mealtime.
The caterer uses a cashless electronic card payment system which is more hygenic. (See below for payment guidelines)
The Cafeteria uses PowerSchool to track all food and drink purchases made by students and their account balances. In order to ensure the smooth operation of this system the following guidelines will be implemented and adhered to beginning August 2019:
- Parents will be asked to pre-pay their accounts (minimum of 500$TT) either at the front desk or in the business office. This is done via cash, cheque or Lynx.
- Parents will be advised via a notification in PowerSchool about the student’s café balance once it reaches $150.00 or less. Café accounts are not allowed to carry negative balances.
- Students and parents should monitor their café account balance
sregularly after making purchases.
When a student’s café account reaches zero, no further purchases will be allowed to the student, until a deposit is made to the account either at the front desk or business office.