After School Activities
This is a broad-based activity program that strives to provide a wide variety of enjoyable, valuable learning experiences that cater for the physical, intellectual, and social needs of the students of ISPS. Activities are conducted by instructors and coaches who are all specialists in their areas. The students are charged a minimal fee to offset the cost incurred in running the program. The after school program is organized into three sessions held throughout the school year.
Some of the activities offered:
Chess, Community Service Club, Drama, Soccer, Gymnastics, Karate, Modern Dance, Steel Pan, Spanish Club, Strings (Ukulele, Violin, Viola, Cello), Environmental Club, Yearbook Production, Tap Dance, Dance Group, Elementary Basketball, Archery, Track and Field, Table Tennis, Badminton, Elementary Volleyball, Hockey and Arts and Craft.
The Athletic Director coordinates a schedule of sports and activities over the academic year based upon student interest.
Session 1 Session 2 Session 3
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
- All participants must register for each activity. Students, who do not complete the registration process, including payment, where applicable, will not be permitted to participate in the activity.
- Students of all ages who are waiting for their activity to begin or for transportation after their activity has ended are expected to remain in their assigned area (in the library, or in the North Car Park); this is to ensure that students are in an environment that is monitored.
- Please set the expectation with your child to remain in their area and encourage your child to make productive use of the waiting time.
- Parents are expected to make arrangements to pick up their child no later than 15 minutes after the end of the activity, unless the child must wait for a sibling to finish a different activity.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves properly during after school activities and when moving through the building after regular school hours, including following the directions of teachers and instructors and adhering to normal school rules.
- Parents of Students who are not taking part in the ASA program must make arrangements to pick up their child no later than 15 minutes after school is dismissed.
IMPORTANT GENERAL INFORMATION
- Registration Period is Monday 26th August 2019 - Friday 6th September 2019. Classes with limited space are on a first come, first served basis.
- PK3 and PK students will not be allowed to participate in this session.
- Return registration forms to the Front Desk.
- Payments will only be accepted if accompanied by the signed Registration Confirmation Form
- Payment by Linx/Cheque must be made at the Reception Desk. Make checks payable to “ISPS”
- Cash Payments are to be paid directly to the Business Office
- Additional registration forms are available at the front desk of the school
- Complete one form per child.
- Refunds will not be made after the second week of activities
- Each activity must have a minimum number of participants. The number varies among classes. Any student who registers for a class that does not reach the minimum may select another class or receive a refund.
- Every effort will be made to contact parents as early as possible if an activity must be cancelled on a particular day. Please ensure that contact numbers given are accurate.
- Parents are asked to pick up students immediately after classes.
- Parents should not attend classes as there is the tendency to distract the students (especially in Gymnastics and Karate classes).
Dates to Note: September 2nd Session 1 starts; November 29th Session 1 Ends No ASA: September 24th; October 28th – November 1st