Health, Safety & Well-being
It is the goal of ISPS to provide the safest and most health conscious environment possible for students and staff.
We ask you to keep your child home and inform the school if he or she:
- Has a fresh respiratory illness, i.e. a runny nose, cough or requires frequent medication.
- Has a fever or has had a temperature >100F/38 degrees C in the last 24 hours.
- Is vomiting or has diarrhea.
- Is on the first 24 hours of antibiotics for strep throat or other related streptococcal infection. If symptoms are not markedly improved, he/she should stay home for the first 48 hours of antibiotic therapy.
- Has any contagious skin rashes such as impetigo or infected draining wounds.
- Has any communicable childhood illness.
A Doctor’s letter of fitness to attend classes should be submitted on return to school. Report to the nurse before returning to class.