Next week Wednesday, (September 8) is International Literacy Day. The theme for this year is Literacy for a human-centered recovery: Narrowing the digital divide. The COVID-19 crisis has disrupted the learning of children, young people, and adults at an unprecedented scale.
Here are a few ideas to encourage literacy at home.
1. Have a reading contest to see who can finish the same book first.
2. Build your own personal library at home and designate special days for everyone to "check-out" a book
3. Have a family circle time of reading where everyone takes a turn to read a chapter or section of a book
4. Visit your school library to discover more magic.
5. Donate books you've already read to local charities, schools, or libraries.
Check out what else the ISPS library has in stock for you this September....